Department of Management Science
Discipline: Operations Management
Office:Room 701-B, School of Management
Joined University of Science and Technology of China in 2016
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Bachelor, 2005-2009
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Ph.D., 2009-2013
City University of Hong Kong, Postdoctoral Fellow, 2013-2016
University of Science and Technology of China, Tenure-track Associate Professor (Assistant Professor), 2016-2018
University of Science and Technology of China, Associate Professor, 2019-now
Supply chain and inventory management, dynamic pricing, dynamic programming, contract design
11. Xiaobei Shen, Yimin Yu, Jingsheng (Jeannette) Song. Optimal policies for a multi-echelon inventory problem with service time target and expediting. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (MSOM, UTD 24), 2021. Forthcoming.
10. Xiangyin Kong, Shuqi Liu, Xiaobei Shen*, Gengzhong Feng. The optimal joint incentive contract designs and inventory decisions with an overconfident agent. Systems Engineering -- Theory & Practice, 2021. Forthcoming.
9. Xiaobei Shen, Yimin Yu, Woonghee Tim Huh. A permutation-dependent separability approach for capacitated two-echelon inventory systems. Operations Research (OR, UTD 24), 2021. Forthcoming.
8. Xu Tian, Gongbing Bi, Xiaobei Shen, Lindong Liu. Crowdsourcing contests with entry cost. International Transactions in Operational Research (ITOR), 2021, 28(3), 1371-1392.
7. Xiaobei Shen, Yimin Yu. Capacity allocation with multiple suppliers and multiple demand classes. Production and Operations Management (POM, UTD 24), 2019, 28(11), 2792-2807.
6. Xiaobei Shen, Lina Bao, Yimin Yu, Zhongsheng Hua. Managing supply chains with expediting and multiple demand classes. Production and Operations Management (POM, UTD 24), 2019, 28(5), 1129-1148.
5. Xiaobei Shen, Lina Bao, Yimin Yu. Coordinating inventory and pricing decisions with general price-dependent demands. Production and Operations Management (POM, UTD 24), 2018, 27(7), 1355-1367.
4. Xiaobei Shen, Zoie Shui-Yee Wong, Man Ho Ling, David Goldsman, Kwok-Leung Tsui. Comparison of algorithms to simulate disease transmission. Journal of Simulation (JSim), 2017, 11(3), 285-294.
3. Xiaobei Shen, Kwok-Leung Tsui, William H. Woodall, Changliang Zou. Self-starting monitoring scheme for Poisson count data with varying population sizes. Technometrics (Tech), 2016, 58(4), 460-471.
2. Xiaobei Shen, Fugee Tsung, Changliang Zou. A new multivariate EWMA scheme for monitoring covariance matrices. International Journal of Production Research (IJPR), 2014, 52(10), 2834-2850.
1. Xiaobei Shen, Fugee Tsung, Changliang Zou, Wei Jiang. Monitoring Poisson count data with probability control limits when sample sizes are time-varying. Naval Research Logistics (NRL), 2013, 60(8), 625-636.
Project 72171215 supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2022.01-2026.12, PI.
Project 71701190 supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2018.01-2020.12, PI.
Project 71731010 supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2018.01-2022.12, Co-PI.