Non-tenured Associate Professor
Department of Management Science
Discipline: Operations Management
Joined University of Science and Technology of China in 2022
Dr. Yifu Li is a Tenure-Track Associate Professor at the School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2018. His research interests are behavioral operations research and decisions.
Dr. Li is not qualified to supervise international Master/MBA/PhD student for the moment. Interested international student is suggested to contact other professors for the position.
Focus: behavioral operations research and decisions
Methodologies: combinatorial optimization and game theory
Applications: service operations management (e.g., video games and rehabilitation training design), R & D management (e.g., innovation/crowdsourcing contest design), and supply chain management (e.g., package delivery)
Tenure-track Associate Professor, School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China, 2022-Now
Assistant Professor, International Business School Suzhou, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, 2020-2022
Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, 2019-2020
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2018
Visiting Ph.D. Student in Operations Management, Johns Hopkins University, Feb - May 2018
B.Eng. in Computer Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, 2013
B.B.A. in Logistics Management, Dalian University of Technology, 2012
1. Yifu Li*, Christopher Thomas Ryan, Lifei Sheng. (2023). Optimal sequencing in single-player games. Online available with Management Science. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.2022.4665 (UTD-24)
2. Yifu Li, Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. (2022). A theory of interior peaks: Activity sequencing and selection for service design. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 24(2):993-1001. (UTD-24)
3. Yifu Li, Chenhao Zhou*, Peixue Yuan, Thi Tu Anh Ngo. (2023). Experience-based territory planning and driver assignment with predicted demand and driver present condition. Online available with Transportation Research Part E 171, 103036: 1-20. (ABS-3/ABDC-A*)
4. Yifu Li*, Xiangtong Qi. (2022). A geometric branch and bound algorithm for the service-bundle design problem. European Journal of Operational Research. 303(3):1044-1056. (ABS-4/ABDC-A*)
1. Paper on "Fees in contest." Revise and resubmit.
2. Paper on "Selection in contest." Revise and resubmit.
3. Paper on "Technology blockade." Under review.
4. Paper on "Cloud manufacturing." Under review.
5. Paper on "Sewage discharge." Under review.
1. Principal investigator, Modeling and scheduling problem of the coproductive service considering customer participation and experience, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Youth Program), 300K RMB, 2023-2025.
1. Honorable Mention, Best Student Paper Competition, The Ninth POMS-HK International Conference 2018
2. Finalist, The INFORMS 2017 IBM Service Science Best Student Paper Award Competition, INFORMS Service Science Section 2017
3. Meritorious Winner, Mathematical Contest in Modeling, COMAP 2013
4. Meritorious Winner, Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling, COMAP 2011 & 2012